Skip to main content

Boy, 16, 'hacked Marks & Spencer shop assistant, 22, to death in brutal gang alleyway attack as he walked home from his shift'

Anthony Adekola, 22, (pictured) was walking home from his shift in Colindale, north west London when he was stabbed to death

Anthony Adekola, 22, was walking home from his shift in Colindale, north west London when he was stabbed to death

A supermarket shop assistant was hacked to death in an unprovoked attack, the Old Bailey heard today.

Anthony Adekola, 22, was walking home from his shift at Marks and Spencer in the early evening of September 5, when a gang leapt out of two taxis and dragged him down an alleyway in Colindale, north west London.

The court heard how unarmed Adekola was stabbed nine times and was almost certainly dead when paramedics arrived.

A 16-year-old boy appeared on video-link at the Old Bailey today from HM Cookham Wood charged with his murder.

Tom Doble prosecuting said: ‘On 5 September 2020, a group of young men travelling by taxi from Hendon to Colindale set off shortly after 8.42pm.

‘Arriving half an hour later seven young men stepped out of the two taxis and the drivers were told to wait.

‘Anthony Adekola 22 at the time, was walking home back from the Colindale branch of Marks and Spencer.’

The 16-year-old boy who cannot be named for legal reasons appeared by video link at the Old Bailey earlier today

The 16-year-old boy who cannot be named for legal reasons appeared by video link at the Old Bailey earlier today

Mr Adekola saw the attackers and began to run away but tripped over a bollard and was eventually dragged into an alleyway, prosecutors claim.

He was discovered at 11.05pm and the police were called. 

Mr Doble added: ‘He had been stabbed nine times by more than one knife in the view of the expert...in an entirely unprovoked brutal and fatal attack.’

For legal reasons the 16-year-old cannot be named, but two other teenagers Christian Medina, 19, and Tajuan Suburan, 18, have also been remanded in custody over the killing.

Judge John Hillen set a plea and trial preparation hearing for 4 December but no provisional trial date has been fixed 

The youth from Hendon, Medina and Suburan both from New Brent Street, also Hendon, are all charged with murder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inside Paedophile Island: Incredible pictures show Jeffrey Epstein cavorting with scantily clad young women where he provided gourmet food and beauty lotions and spent hours watching topless teens in Girls Gone Wild 'for inspiration'

Jeffrey Epstein spent an hour of his day watching explicit episodes of Girls Gone Wild while working out and cavorting with nubile young women at his private Caribbean island, as seen in these photos exclusively obtained by DailyMail.com. The perverted financier, who committed suicide at age 66 in August 2019, would ride his exercise bike as he watched the X-rated footage -featuring bare-breasted college girls - because it was 'inspiration' for him, a source who spent time on the island told DailyMail.com. Epstein, who reportedly demanded sex three times a day, was transfixed by the graphic videos that showed young women flashing their breasts to the camera in bars and nightclubs.   New details of his sinister life have further been exposed in never-before-seen photographs of his private island Little St James, which was dubbed 'pedophile' and 'orgy' island by disgusted locals. Epstein appears in the series of images surrounded by nubile young women, including s...

The HS2 money pit: Ministers are told first stage of high-speed rail line may cost another £800m... six months after a budget increase saw total costs soar by £20.6bn to £43billion

Ministers have been told that Phase One of controversial rail line HS2 could cost £800million more than planned. It comes just six months after a budget increase saw total predicted costs for the first stage of the high-speed line soar by £20.6billion to £43billion. In a written statement to Parliament, HS2 Minister Andrew Stephenson said half of this figure is due to preparation of the route for construction involving 'more significant challenges than anticipated'. This includes the need to remove more asbestos than expected. Another 'significant cost pressure' worth £400 million has also been identified during the development of designs for Euston station. Mr Stephenson warned that further investigation is being carried out which 'could identify further pressure'. Ministers have been told that Phase One of controversial rail line HS2 could cost £800million more than planned. Pictured: HS2 Minister Andrew Stephenson The HS2 route would initially link London and...

Kourtney Kardashian cries

Kourtney Kardashian cries Scott really lets Kourtney know how he feels about her post-baby body on the Mar. 10 episode of ‘Kourtney & Kim Take Miami’ episode and he tells her he wishes she weighed 93 pounds! Kourtney Kardashian bursts into tears when her baby daddy Scott Disick tells her that “this is the biggest he’s ever seen her while not pregnant.” The Mar. 10 episode of Kourtney & Kim Take Miami really shows you Scott’s true colors and it ain’t pretty. Kourtney weighs herself in the bathroom and the scale reads 115 lbs. That’s amazing, especially considering she had just given birth to her second child, a little girl named Penelope! But Scott says that he remembers when he first met Kourtney and wishes she weighed 93 lbs. Wow, what a total jerk. Big sis Kim Kardashian is there to hear all of it and she is disgusted! Then later Kourtney and Scott discuss her weight some more and he tells her that he feels like she isn’t really trying to lose the weight. This causes K...